Posts Tagged squash
Suddenly, it was Thursday again and with it came another large basket of produce! So what did we eat last week? Well, here it is:
- Friday we had steak with roasted potatoes, broccoli (the girls) and brussel sprouts (us)
- Saturday we ate as many pears as we could and cooked up a big batch of Bolognese with the tomatoes and used the carrots and onions in chicken stock.
- Sunday was pizza and salad for lunch, and pasta fagioli for dinner with a delicious side of braising greens.
- Monday I made Soto Ayam (more on that later) which used some cilantro and the chicken stock.
- Tuesday dinner never happened. sigh.
- Wednesday: orrecchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe.
- Thursday – random leftovers.
So, by Thursday we still had some braising greens and broccoli rabe which we used on Friday night and a few tomatoes. The incoming list was:
- Delicata squash – we have been collecting these over the past few weeks and are looking for something to make with them – help!
- Sweet potatoes
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 red onions
- a quart of tomatoes
- 4 roma tomatoes
- braising greens
- Salad greens
- more cilantro
With our abundance of tomatoes, we decided to take my friend Karyn’s advice and stuff them. But with what? After looking around online, I had mostly found unappetizing recipes for stuffing tomatoes (tuna and goat cheese anyone?), I was inspired by this recipe which called for baking eggs inside of a tomato (genius!) from the blog, We are Not Martha, which was a perfect Sunday breakfast.