Posts Tagged menu ideas
Thursday is CSA day, when we pick up a gigantic load of vegetables and the anxiety starts to mount. How to get through it all? While we used to make a weekly grocery list of what we needed, we now make a list of what we have and then try to think of how we can eat it all up before the following Thursday. It’s a vicious cycle, but one we love. Here is a list of the weekly take, with some ideas of how we might use it. But I would love to hear yours, we are in need of some inspiration!
- 1 quart of potatoes (spanish tortilla or side of roasted potatoes, no rush on these – they last forever)
- 6 Roma tomatoes (pizza sauce? caprese salad, oven dried or tomato confit)
- 1 quart beefsteak tomatoes (sandwiches! pasta sauce)
- Broccoli Rabe (easy, orecchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe)
- Fennel (shave it and put it in a salad – see below)
- Big bag of Arugula – salad
- Big bag of Salad greens – duh.
- Broccoli – good for the kids!
- Cilantro – planning to use for Soto Ayam (recipe soon!)
- Big bag of kale – I could eat kale every day, braised, sauteéd, whatever.
- Head of Garlic – braise with kale
- 1 onion – add to other onions in onion bowl
- Gigantic amount of braising greens, mostly chard – looks like a lot of chicken breast with greens coming our way.
- Pears – I love you pears, so delicious and nothing to do.
So from here, we start to compose our meals for the next week and here is where we need the help. Send me your ideas and I’ll post what we make and the recipes. Our biggest challenge is the chard. What else to do with it besides melting it down with some garlic? I know you know. Please tell me!
Coming soon: Yogurt or How I lost my yojo and am trying to get it back.
- @bikenewyork Trying to sign my family up for my dad's 75th birthday - he already has his plane ticket! Getting kicked out! Any advice? 3 years ago
- News from the frontlines of #bokashi #composting. domaphile bit.ly/1fI0aUq #urbancompost #urbanhomestead #sustainablecity 4 years ago
- Obsessed with #Nutella? With just a few ingredients and a food processor, you can make a much better version! bit.ly/19zxQig 4 years ago
- Protect yourself against Zombies (of the online kind) My Zombie Apocalypse bit.ly/1dFUb0q #zombies #identitytheft #modernlife 4 years ago
- Back to School this week. Thinking about Lunch: domaphile.com/2013/09/08/my-… #schoollunch #healthyschoolfood 4 years ago
- Apartment Therapy baked tomatoes baking bread Butter cheesemaking Chemex Coffee comedy community compost composting crafts CSA cultivation dairy Day of the Dead design design history DIY dry goods edible books fall festivals fibers Foodzie Frankfurt Kitchen Growing Chefs Halloween herbs history indoor gardening inspiration Introduction kids kitchen kitchen efficiency knitting lists menu ideas MOMA mozzarella mushroom identification optimism organization organize pantry paper Passover Pretzels projects quinoa recipe recipes reform resolutions School Lunch seafood seasonal seed starting Sheep & Wool Shiitake Soto Ayam soup spices squash sustainability terrariums urban gardening Valentines vegetables vermiculture Wallpaper worms yogurt