A collection of links to various online reference sources I have found helpful. This list is a work in progress and I would love to hear about anything I should add.
- Ricki Carroll is the Cheese Queen and this site will tell you everything you need to know to get started in cheese.
- Amazing source of information on all things cheesy.
- Providing American cheesemakers with educational resources and networking opportunities.
- A compendium of food history from the UK.
- Created by a reference librarian. Need I say more?
- Source for information on food history in America
- Recipes from Colonial Williamsburg.
- Sandor Katz is truly amazing, and this site will make you want to ferment everything (as will his book, Wild Fermentation).
- Your source for all types of cultures, as well as a wealth of information on fermentation of all types.
- The librarian in me loves the fact that a catalog of molds and yeasts exists. Yay!
- Find and join a community garden with this site
- Various calculators from the National Gardening Association
- Great resource for getting started gardening – indoors and out.
- Information on sustainable city living
- A treasure trove of information on the history of home economics