I must admit, I fall into the category of people who swore that when they had kids their home “would not be taken over by all that awful plastic crap”. Noooooo, our home would be free of Barbies and their spawn. Our living room would retain its elegant appointment (IKEA circa 2007 and the random family heirloom) and our children would play with lovely wooden toys and Waldorf-inspired dolls. Flash forward to 2011. I step on legos as a matter of course. My daughter has caught on to the reality that her dolls are not actual “American Girl”dolls, and our youngest routinely de-robes the Barbies and places them in unique “tableaux” all over the apartment. Sigh. I reach for a tomato and pick up a faux-Ken doll instead. I know I will miss this in ten years.
- @bikenewyork Trying to sign my family up for my dad's 75th birthday - he already has his plane ticket! Getting kicked out! Any advice? 4 years ago
- News from the frontlines of #bokashi #composting. domaphile bit.ly/1fI0aUq #urbancompost #urbanhomestead #sustainablecity 5 years ago
- Obsessed with #Nutella? With just a few ingredients and a food processor, you can make a much better version! bit.ly/19zxQig 5 years ago
- Protect yourself against Zombies (of the online kind) My Zombie Apocalypse bit.ly/1dFUb0q #zombies #identitytheft #modernlife 5 years ago
- Back to School this week. Thinking about Lunch: domaphile.com/2013/09/08/my-… #schoollunch #healthyschoolfood 5 years ago
- Apartment Therapy baked tomatoes baking bread Butter cheesemaking Chemex Coffee comedy community compost composting crafts CSA cultivation dairy Day of the Dead design design history DIY dry goods edible books fall festivals fibers Foodzie Frankfurt Kitchen Growing Chefs Halloween herbs history indoor gardening inspiration Introduction kids kitchen kitchen efficiency knitting lists menu ideas MOMA mozzarella mushroom identification optimism organization organize pantry paper Passover Pretzels projects quinoa recipe recipes reform resolutions School Lunch seafood seasonal seed starting Sheep & Wool Shiitake Soto Ayam soup spices squash sustainability terrariums urban gardening Valentines vegetables vermiculture Wallpaper worms yogurt