Awhile ago, my friend came back from a trip to Peru and brought me some fresh Aguaymanto (Physalis Peruviana). They looked like little orange tomatillos and are, indeed, related. “Aguaymanto” is the Peruvian name for this fruit that is native to the Andes, but it is known here as the Cape Gooseberry and can sometimes be found in farmer’s markets in Autumn. The fruits – which are high in vitamin C – are a bit tart and filled with tiny seeds. They are popular in South Africa and New Zealand where they are often made into jams and pies. I was looking for a recipe, but just ended up eating mine before they spoiled, so I will be on the lookout for these little gems come October. In the meantime, if anyone has an idea about how to use them, speak up!
- @bikenewyork Trying to sign my family up for my dad's 75th birthday - he already has his plane ticket! Getting kicked out! Any advice? 3 years ago
- News from the frontlines of #bokashi #composting. domaphile bit.ly/1fI0aUq #urbancompost #urbanhomestead #sustainablecity 5 years ago
- Obsessed with #Nutella? With just a few ingredients and a food processor, you can make a much better version! bit.ly/19zxQig 5 years ago
- Protect yourself against Zombies (of the online kind) My Zombie Apocalypse bit.ly/1dFUb0q #zombies #identitytheft #modernlife 5 years ago
- Back to School this week. Thinking about Lunch: domaphile.com/2013/09/08/my-… #schoollunch #healthyschoolfood 5 years ago
- Apartment Therapy baked tomatoes baking bread Butter cheesemaking Chemex Coffee comedy community compost composting crafts CSA cultivation dairy Day of the Dead design design history DIY dry goods edible books fall festivals fibers Foodzie Frankfurt Kitchen Growing Chefs Halloween herbs history indoor gardening inspiration Introduction kids kitchen kitchen efficiency knitting lists menu ideas MOMA mozzarella mushroom identification optimism organization organize pantry paper Passover Pretzels projects quinoa recipe recipes reform resolutions School Lunch seafood seasonal seed starting Sheep & Wool Shiitake Soto Ayam soup spices squash sustainability terrariums urban gardening Valentines vegetables vermiculture Wallpaper worms yogurt