Earlier this week, we received a giant box in the mail and inside was a tiny cello, not much larger than a viola. The box took up most of our living room, but before breaking it down, the girls decided to make a spaceship out of it. Complete with control panels, walkie-talkies and helmets. It trumped all other toys this weekend and almost prevented attendance at a birthday party. It reminded me of one of my favorite children’s books, “Not a Box”, by Antoinette Portis. Nothing like the combination of a weekend and a giant box!
- @bikenewyork Trying to sign my family up for my dad's 75th birthday - he already has his plane ticket! Getting kicked out! Any advice? 2 years ago
- News from the frontlines of #bokashi #composting. domaphile bit.ly/1fI0aUq #urbancompost #urbanhomestead #sustainablecity 4 years ago
- Obsessed with #Nutella? With just a few ingredients and a food processor, you can make a much better version! bit.ly/19zxQig 4 years ago
- Protect yourself against Zombies (of the online kind) My Zombie Apocalypse bit.ly/1dFUb0q #zombies #identitytheft #modernlife 4 years ago
- Back to School this week. Thinking about Lunch: domaphile.com/2013/09/08/my-… #schoollunch #healthyschoolfood 4 years ago
- Apartment Therapy baked tomatoes baking bread Butter cheesemaking Chemex Coffee comedy community compost composting crafts CSA cultivation dairy Day of the Dead design design history DIY dry goods edible books fall festivals fibers Foodzie Frankfurt Kitchen Growing Chefs Halloween herbs history indoor gardening inspiration Introduction kids kitchen kitchen efficiency knitting lists menu ideas MOMA mozzarella mushroom identification optimism organization organize pantry paper Passover Pretzels projects quinoa recipe recipes reform resolutions School Lunch seafood seasonal seed starting Sheep & Wool Shiitake Soto Ayam soup spices squash sustainability terrariums urban gardening Valentines vegetables vermiculture Wallpaper worms yogurt